Top 10 Most Popular Interior Design Challenges and Their Solutions in 2 Sentences Or Less

Top 10 Most Popular Interior Design Challenges and Their Solutions in 2 Sentences Or Less






Top 10 Most Popular Interior Design Challenges and Their Solutions in 2 Sentences Or Less



1 How do I choose a dining room rug?

Add 6 feet to the length and width of your table and choose an interesting pattern to counter a plain table. Go 100% wool for easy cleaning.

2 How do I decorate a small kitchen?

Add crown moldings, new drawer pulls, and/or paint the cabinets a wild color!


3 How do I properly light my bedroom?

Low wattage in ceiling lights + bedside table lamps + a wall sconce if space permits

4 How do I choose a lampshade?

 Remember: 60% lamp, 40% lampshade. Match classic shades with classic lamps and save drum shades for modern pieces.

* How do I choose the right-size chandelier?

Add the room's length + width in feet, then use that number, in inches, as a guide for the chandelier's diameter. Example: 10' + 14' = 24' so look for a 24" chandelier.


5 How do I create a gallery wall?

Vary the sizes of the works (and frame styles!) and anchor it with 2-3 large pieces to focus the eye.

6 How do I make a small space look bigger?

See that everything has its place, play with layered lighting, and make sure the rug takes up enough space in the room

7 How do I decorate a bookshelf?

Organize books neatly then add sconces, accessories, and artwork. Feeling daring? Mix in a collection as well

8 How do I decorate a coffee table?

Coffee table books + lidded box + flowers + a special treasure. And mind the balance between old/new, hard/soft, luxe/organic


9 How do I decorate around an air conditioner?

Short term: Distract with curtains or a skirted table. Long term: Ask a contractor to design a window seat with lattice work around the unit

10 How do I measure for window treatments?

Multiply window size by 2.5 for width, mount hardware as close to the ceiling as possible, and measure length so that drapery hits the floor

Source